In this months blog, we are going to let you into what life at Econ Construction is really like. Here is a day in the life of Ben, one of our diamond drilling supervisors.
Ben has worked for Econ Construction for the last two years and his day to day role mainly involves traveling to different sites across the country visiting our clients.
Outside of work Ben is hoping to take part in the London Marathon and should be finding out soon if he has secured a place!
- Leave the house at 5.30 am and travel to a client who is looking for Econ to create a number of stitch drilling holes.
- Arrive at the client’s premises and confirm that it is safe for our team to begin work.
- Liaise with the Site Manager and complete site inductions.
- Task briefings with Econ team.
- Begin stitch drilling on site until lunch time.
- Have lunch with the team from Econ Construction in a nearby Café.
- Update the project report to show what has been completed on site this morning.
- Spend the afternoon finishing the stitch drilling holes.
- Carry out a toolbox talk on working at heights and manual handling.
- Update the company social media channels to highlight our new project.
- Debrief team and discuss workload for tomorrow.
- Before going home, finish the project report to show what has been completed on site today.
A) Working through the nightshift. B) Crane lift of concrete sections. Diamond drilling and wire sawing; a bridge and concrete support slab to form a separate cut to enable the 17 tonne bridge to be lifting with a 500 tonne crane.
One of Ben’s Recent Projects
Ben was at Twickenham Station helping to make way for a more modern station - here are some of the pictures.
Credit: Remarkable pictures capture the moment the bridge at Twickenham station was removed in one piece
Once the work began, Ben’s part of the project required drilling holes at each of the different sections. These holes were then used by our cranes, allowing chains to be attached at either end to move the various sections easily.
The Richmond and Twickenham Times covered the project and managed to capture the moment the bridge was picked up.
Testimonial from Client
Well done for a successful weekend at Twickenham station. Special recognition to the site team and supplier Econ for delivering a professional job without incident.
Senior Project Manager - Osborne.
At Econ Construction we are always looking to expand our team, If you would like to find out more about working with us please visit our website and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org